InterMET Asia is now part of Asia Climate Forum
Here you can download the proceedings of the Asia Climate Forum Conference 2019 which includes:
InterMET Asia – InterFLOOD Asia – InterAIR Asia
- 2019 marked the 6th anniversary of InterMET Asia which has taken place annually in Singapore since launch in 2014.
- Largest and longest event to date. 2019 saw the launch of InterAIR Asia, dedicated to air quality and pollution monitoring and mitigation.
- For 2019 the overall event was named ‘Asia Climate Week’ to provide an umbrella brand for the three complementary but distinct streams – InterMET Asia, InterFLOOD Asia and InterAIR Asia. In all subsequent marketing, this will revert to ‘Asia Climate Forum’.
- In all, the event attracted 932 visits from 560 unique visitors from 56 countries.
- There were 63 Exhibitors, Supporters and Sponsors, with Exhibitors from 19 countries – Australia, China, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Israel, India, Italy, Japan, Malaysia, Netherlands, Singapore, Slovakia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and the United States.
- The conference & workshop programme included 83 expert speakers, panellists and chairs.
- There was increased support from the World Bank-GFDRR. This year the programme also included a meeting on 25 March of the Global Weather Enterprise Forum Steering Group.
- There was continued formal and high-level support from the WMO and HME, plus the Singapore NEA and MSS.
- There were several significant new supporters, including 100 Resilient Cities and the Zurich Flood Resilience Alliance.
Looking ahead to Asia Climate Forum 2020
For 2020, Asia Climate Forum will be part of Clean Enviro Summit Singapore (CESS) and co-located with Singapore International Water Week (SIWW) and World Cities Summit (WCS).
Asia Climate Forum will provide a compelling weather & climate change agenda focused on the use of hydrometeorology across industry and society, and its importance in meeting the growing challenges of extreme weather and climate change.